Brocade G620 Switch
Scale fast, accelerate data access, achieve operational efficiency
Take advantage of lightning-fast flash storage networking technology and adapt quickly to dynamic business demands with the Brocade G620 Switch. This powerful Gen 6 Fibre Channel switch shatters application performance barriers and simplifies scale-out network architectures—in an enviably small footprint. And with built-in instrumentation, you gain greater insight and control to reduce cost, management complexity, and risk.
Breakthrough performance: Get the performance you need to support critical business applications and the most from your investment in solid state storage technology.
Increased scalability: Reduce operating costs and management complexity by simplifying scale-out architectures—all in a 1U form factor.
Operational stability: Reduce risk with the industry’s first built-in metrics. Achieve greater control and operational insights to quickly identify issues and easily meet or crush SLAs.
Handle demanding applications easily
- Seamlessly transition to next-generation NVMe flash arrays.
- Smash application performance barriers with up to 100 million IOPS and accommodate flash storage workloads.
- Reduce latency in high-transaction applications by up to 10X compared to other offerings.
- Consolidate infrastructure with double your bandwidth through 128 Gbps ISL connectivity.
Simplify scalability and management
- Deliver simplified scalability with the industry’s highest port density storage networking switch.
- Simplify end-to-end management of large scale environments by automating monitoring and diagnostics
- Increase VM density with greater device support and deep visibility into virtualized workloads.
- “Pay as you grow” scalability from 24 to 64 ports for on-demand flexibility.
Achieve control and insight
- Detect degraded storage performance with built-in device latency and IOPS monitoring
- Understand storage I/O workloads and behaviors to ensure consistent and predictable performance
- Increase resilience though automatic detection and recovery from network and device-level errors.
- Ensure predictable performance with pre-deployment validation and benchmarking.
- VM Insight enables Virtual Machine (VM) visibility in a storage fabric to monitor and optimize VM performance and identify VM anomalies.
|Total Line Rate Ports||64 @ 32 Gb/s|
|Power Text||0.10 watts / Gb/s, dual hot-swappable power supplies|
|Frame Based ISL Trunking||256 Gb/s frame-based trunk (optional)|
|Size (mm)||440(W) x 43.9(H) x 355.6(D)|
|Certified Maximum||6,000 active nodes; 56 switches, 19 hops in Brocade Fabric OS® fabrics; larger fabrics certified as required|
|Fibre Channel Performance||4.25 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 10.53 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 14.025 Gb/s line speed, full duplex; 28.05 Gb/s, full duplex; 112.2 Gb/s, full duplex; auto-sensing of 4, 8, 16, 32 Gb/s port speeds and capable of supporting 128 Gb/s speeds; 10 Gb/s optionally programmable to fixed port speed|
Accelerate replication and achieve near-zero downtime between data centers